We went on vacation last weekend!
We went to our friends’ gorgeous house on the Hudson, got spoiled with delicious food, and let our kids entertain each other while we discussed important things like how we just screwed ourselves by staying up talking past midnight. Only, turns out it wasn’t a vacation; it was a trip, according to this brilliant and handy blog post my friend Cindy just shared with me.
So let’s see, vacation or trip:
1) We got there by car = TRIP.
2. We met up with friends = VACATION!
3. There was a kitchen and I may have sort of half-helped empty the dishwasher once = TRIP.
4. No forts, no aquariums, no jigsaw puzzles (unfortunately) = VACATION!
5. I’m currently a stay-at-home mom = TRIP
6. Kids were definitely there. Not just our kids, but twins Hazy’s age, a little spitfire who’s a little younger than George, and even a new baby, swoon, but still…TRIP.
There were races & fireflies and s’mores:
And there was seeing our friends as new parents, meeting their adorable little baby, and showering him with gifts like custom made onesies:
So, I guess it wasn’t a vacation, but it was a really, really good trip.
Anyway, I go on vacation every day, according to this quote from Louis CK:
“Parents live for the tiny vacation from their kids. When you put the kid in the car and you close the door. That little walk around to your own door, it’s like a Carnival Cruise.”
5 thoughts on “We Went On
A “tracation,” maybe? A “vrip?” No matter. All I care about is that we were on the receiving end of your travels. Great pix, great folks, great kids, great time. (Not to mention, we got you out of yet another crowded, loud, sweaty weekend trip to the Museum of Science. You’re welcome.)
PS-I need that damn brown sugar chicken recipe, stat!
🙂 (Y) ❤ I love. Great photographs. Is George wearing a Guayabera shirt and eating s'more ? Chic.
Thanks, Anouk. You know it!